David Van Tieghem - Strange Cargo download album
Слушайте и скачивайте strange cargo на Хотплеере в mp. .
Strange Cargo (David Van Tieghem album). Strange Cargo is the third studio album by American electronica musician & percussionist David Van Tieghem, released in 1989. Strange Cargo's music has been described as more diverse by mixing funk, jazz, Asian music and progressive electronic styles, producing structured melodies and weird sounds, with numerous background effects. All music composed by David Van Tieghem except where noted. Strange Cargo" - 5:06. Volcano Diving" (Dave Lebolt, Van Tieghem) - 4:34.
Van Tieghem was born on April 21, 1955, in Washington, .
On his latest album he further explores the quirky fusion of funk, rock, jazz, Asian, and progressive electronic elements that characterize his music. We are taken on a journey through wildly diverse terrains - from tight structured melodies to impressionistic pastiches of weird and wonderful sounds, all multi-layered and full of interesting background effects best captured on headphones.
Written-By – David Lebolt (tracks: 2, 3), David Van Tieghem.
BPM Profile Strange Cargo. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by David Van Tieghem. FRKWYS Vol. 10: Fits & Starts.
Strange Cargo is the third studio album by American electronica musician & percussionist David Van Tieghem, released in 1989 Track listing. Hell or High Water" (Dave Lebolt, Van Tieghem) - 5:22.
Luis Mejia (son) - Just by noticing the delicate touches that Van Tieghem gives to his collaborations, its not surprise that his solo efforts are a much wider territory that music had ever known. David Van Tieghem's efforts and doctrine states that every material in the world is a percussion instrument, and in this album, he mixes a complex, spacial, abstract electronica music, provided by a variety of rare keyboards, with unexplainable, mixed feelings provided into an experimental music with a notorious touch of new age.
4 years ago 4 years ago. Dance. Follow David Van Tieghem and others on SoundCloud.
Strange Cargo by David Van Tieghem (Cassette, Aug-1989, Private Music). CARGO were a Dutch band who released this sole album back in 1972. A four piece with dual lead guitars, a drummer and bassist/vocalist. I have to say this was another album that was love at first listen.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Producer, Mixed By – Francois Kevorkian*
Electric Bass [Fretless] – Mark EganElectric Guitar – Scott JohnsonElectric Guitar, Finger Snaps – Eric LiljestrandFinger Snaps – Eric Feinstein
|A3||Hell Or High Water||5:22|
|A4||Eye Of The Beholder||2:16|
Electric Guitar – Scott JohnsonElectric Guitar, Finger Snaps – Eric LiljestrandPiano – Paul RiceSynthesizer [Roland D-50, Yamaha Tx802] – Kate McGarrigle
|B1||They Drive By Night
Producer – Paul RiceSaxophone, Clarinet, Piccolo Flute – Lenny Picket*
|B2||The Ghost Writer Theme||1:39|
|B5||Carnival Of Souls
Electric Bass [Fretless] – Mark EganSaxophone, Clarinet, Piccolo Flute – Lenny Picket*
- Distributed By – BMG Distribution
- Arranged By [Additional Arranging Assistance] – Paul Rice
- Arranged By [Pre-production And Arranging Assistance] – David Lebolt, Roma Baran
- Art Direction – Mark Larson, Mark Larson
- Artwork By [Art Coordinator] – Trish Fried
- Electric Guitar – Larry Saltzman (tracks: 4, 5, 10)
- Engineer – Blaise Dupuy, Eric Liljestrand, Francois Kevorkian*, Steve Tjaden*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Alan Friedman, Bill Esses, Ed McKinley*, James La Croix, Jeffrey Shore*, Michael McGrath, Rodney Ascue, Tim Casey
- Engineer [Pre-production And Midi Recording] – Alex Gardner, Carol Parkinson, Connie Kieltyka, David Lebolt, John Harris
- Lyrics By – David Van Tieghem (tracks: A2, A3)
- Mastered By – Phil Austin
- Mixed By – Blaise Dupuy (tracks: A2 to B6), David Van Tieghem, Paul Rice (tracks: A2 to B6)
- Music By – David Lebolt (tracks: A2, A3)
- Photography – Penny Gentieu
- Producer – David Van Tieghem, Roma Baran (tracks: A2 to A5, B2 to B6)
- Producer [Associate] – Paul Rice (tracks: A2 to A5, B2 to B6)
- Synthesizer [Akai S900, Emulator Ii, Emax & Eiii, Yamaha Dx7, Dx7ii & Tx802, Fairlight Cmi Iix & Series Iii, Korg M1, Prophet Vs, Synclavier, Roland D-50, Super Jx, Super Jupiter, Tr-808 & Tr-626], Performer [Processed Shortwave Radio And Television Signals], Marimba [Musser Rosewood], Percussion [Simmons Silicon Mallet, Flour Sifter, Paper Bag, Small Wine Bottle, Metal Ashtrays, Aftershave Bottle, Plastic Sticks, Corrugated Plastic Hose, Empty Coffee Can, Amplified Tennis Racket], Cowbell [Thai Wooden, Guatemalan], Steel Drums [Ludwig], Drums [Wooden Tongue Drum, Ceramic Drums, Chinese Drum], Tom Tom [Remo Roto-toms], Waterphone [Chinese], Shaker [Cocktail, Brazilian], Finger Snaps, Cymbal [Chinese], Gong [Chinese], Toy [Plastic Hammer], Performer [Suzuki Musical Spring], Electric Piano [Roland Digital], Vocoder, Electronics [Voice Processor], Voice, Engineer [Pre-production And Midi Recording], Lyrics By – David Van Tieghem
- Synthesizer [Emulator Ii & Eiii, Akai S900, Yamaha Tx816, Rolabd D-550, Prophet Vs] – David Lebolt (tracks: A2, A3, A5)
- Written-By – David Van Tieghem
NotesDigital and Analog Multi-Track Recording:
Gramavision Studio, NYC (Eric Liljestrand, engineer)
Axis Productions, NYC (Francois Kevorkian, engineer)
The Living Room, NYC (Blaise Dupuy, engineer)
Active Recording, NYC (Steve Tjaden, engineer)
Cedar Sound, NYC (Eric Liljestrand, engineer)
Ciani/Musica, NYC (Eric Liljestrand, engineer)
Pre-Production & MIDI Recording:
Studio Pass, NYC
Gracie's, Baldwin, NY
Effanel Music, NYC
Rosewood Sound, Brooklyn, NY
Mixed by David Van Tieghem, Blaise Dupuy and Paul Rice at The Living Room, NYC except "Strange Cargo" mixed at Axis Productions, NYC by Francois Kevorkian and David Van Tieghem.
Recorded using Macintosh SE and Macintosh II computers, running Mark of the Unicorn's Performer, Opcode Systems' Vision and Sequences, and Digidesign's Sound Tools software.
All selections published by Boomer Music/ASCAP except "Hell or High Water" and "Volcano Diving" published by Boomer Music/ASCAP and Long March Music/BMI.
Mark Egan appears courtesy of GRP Records.
℗© 1989 Private, Inc.
Manufactured and distributed in the United States by BMG Distribution.
CRO2 (on cover spine).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 010058205142
|2051-2-P||David Van Tieghem||Strange Cargo (CD, Album)||Private Music||2051-2-P||US||1989|
|210073||David Van Tieghem||Strange Cargo (LP, Album)||Private Music||210073||Germany||1989|
|150.8044||David Van Tieghem||Strange Cargo (LP, Album)||Private Music||150.8044||Brazil||1989|
|410 073||David Van Tieghem||Strange Cargo (Cass, Album)||Private Music||410 073||Europe||1989|
|260 073||David Van Tieghem||Strange Cargo (CD, Album)||Private Music||260 073||Europe||1989|