Jack White - Lazaretto download album
Jack White's sophomore LP might be instrumentally lavish, but these emotionally vacant songs features some of his worst tunes since the demise of the . Fav tracks: would you fight for my love, lazaretto, high ball stepper. Least fav track: want and able.
Music video for Jack White's "Lazaretto" directed by Jonas & Francois.
Lazaretto is the second studio album by Jack White. It was released on June 10, 2014, through White's own label Third Man Records in association with XL Recordings and Columbia Records. Lazaretto was partly inspired by a collection of short stories, poems, and plays White wrote when he was 19 years old and rediscovered years later in his attic
Renews automatically. Sample this album Artist (Sample). Jack White never disappoints. I find this to be a much quieter album than anything he has done so far. That being said, it is quite beautiful. Obviously White's style is very different than His Purple Badness but his ear, prolific style, and slightly off center eccentricities draw that comparison for me. To get back to Lazaretto, I find it a more cohesive album than Blunderbuss. Maybe he is relaxing more into who he is as an artist.
Jack White makes heavy, turbulent modern-blues records the same way he pursues his other passion, furniture restoration: with a decisive attention to contour, color scheme and cagey, durable detail. Lazaretto is only White’s second solo album, but he’s played on and produced dozens of records since 1999’s The White Stripes, mostly for his own Third Man label. The guy playing the brute-fuzz guitar in the Gothic-garage instrumental High Ball Stepper doesn’t sound like anyone’s pushover. But as in Three Women, White draws on older blues for these songs: prose and plays he wrote as a teenager about his busted heart and dogged ambition, sawed and planed into new settings and urgency. The kid is still in there.
Like "blunderbuss," a "lazaretto" is an ancient reference that means little in the modern world, a fact that does not escape Jack White, a musician who specializes in blurring lines between past and present. Contrary to his carefully cultivated persona as a raider of lost Americana, White never, ever was a purist: he thrived upon seizing the precise moment when accepted definitions lose all meanings and turn into something new. This tension surfaces on Lazaretto, his second solo album, a record that lives upon the edges of his interests.
Format: MP3 320Kbps, FLAC. FLAC (233 mb): hitfile: download. Previously on NewAlbumReleases. net: March 16, 2018 - Jack White – Boarding House Reach (2018)
Album · 2014 · 11 Songs. When Lazaretto roars to action with the sweltering, Hammond-driven rocker Three Women, Jack White is on familiar terrain, unleashing a supercharged, garagey blues riff that’s as archetypal as the theme. But when the red, blonde and brunette ladies in question appear in a digital photograph, the anachronism is a striking reminder of White’s gift for recasting classic musical elements in arrestingly modern contexts
My veins are blue and connected And every single bone in my brain is electric. But I dig ditches like the best of 'em Yo trabajo duro Como en madera y yeso Como en madera y yeso. And even God herself Has fewer plans than me But she never helps me out with my scams for free, Though she grabs a stick and then she points it at me When I say nothing, I say everything Yeah when I say nothing, I say everything. They threw me down in the lazaretto Born rottin', bored rotten Makin' models of people I used to know Out of coffee and cotton
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass – Dominic DavisDrums – Daru JonesMandolin, Harmonica, Backing Vocals – Cory YountsOrgan [B3], Keyboards – Ikey Owens*Pedal Steel Guitar – Fats KaplinVocals, Piano – Jack White Written By – Jack White/Blind Willie McTell
Bass – Dominic DavisDrums – Daru JonesFiddle – Fats KaplinSynth [Korg] – Cory YountsSynth [Moog] – Ikey Owens*Vocals, Electric Guitar – Jack White
Bass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarFiddle, Backing Vocals – Lillie Mae RischePedal Steel Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Piano – Brooke WaggonerVocals, Acoustic Guitar – Jack White
|A4||Would You Fight For My Love?
Backing Vocals – Ruby AmanfuDrum [African] – Olivia JeanDrums – Daru JonesDrums, Timpani – Carla AzarElectric Bass – Dominic DavisElectric Guitar – Dean FertitaElectric Upright Bass – Bryne Davies*Fiddle – Fats KaplinOrgan [B3], Electric Piano [Rhodes] – Ikey Owens*Piano – Cory YountsPiano, Organ [B3], Synth [Moog] – Brooke WaggonerVocals, Electric Guitar – Jack White
|A5||High Ball Stepper
Backing Vocals, Tambourine – Ruby AmanfuBass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarElectric Guitar – Jack White Fiddle – Lillie Mae RischePedal Steel Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Piano – Brooke Waggoner
Written-By [Uncredited] – Curtis Mayfield
|BA1||Just One Drink
Acoustic Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Backing Vocals – Joshua V. Smith, Ruby AmanfuBass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarFiddle – Lillie Mae RischePiano – Brooke WaggonerRecorded By [Assistant] – Joshua V. SmithVocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar [Intro] – Jack White
|BB1||Just One Drink
Acoustic Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Backing Vocals – Joshua V. Smith, Ruby AmanfuBass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarFiddle – Lillie Mae RischePiano – Brooke WaggonerRecorded By [Assistant] – Joshua V. SmithVocals, Electric Guitar – Jack White
|B2||Alone In My Home
Backing Vocals – Lillie Mae RischeBacking Vocals, Shaker – Cory YountsDrums – Ben BlackwellElectric Bass, Electric Bass [VI] – Dominic DavisHarp – Timbre CierpkeMandolin – Fats KaplinPiano – Ikey Owens*Recorded By [Assistant] – Mindy WattsVocals, Acoustic Guitar, Maracas, Shaker – Jack White
|B3||That Black Bat Licorice
Backing Vocals – Olivia Jean, Ruby AmanfuClavinet, Organ [Hammond] – Brooke WaggonerDrums – Patrick KeelerElectric Upright Bass – Bryne Davies*Fiddle, Mandolin – Fats KaplinHarp – Timbre CierpkeVocals, Electric Guitar, Percussion – Jack White
Drums – Ben BlackwellElectric Upright Bass – Dominic DavisHarp – Timbre CierpkeMandolin, Backing Vocals – Cory YountsPedal Steel Guitar – Fats KaplinPiano – Ikey Owens*Vocals, Acoustic Guitar – Jack White
|B5||I Think I Found The Culprit
Backing Vocals, Shaker – Ruby AmanfuBass – Catherine PopperDrums – Carla AzarFiddle, Mandolin – Lillie Mae RischeHarp – Timbre CierpkePedal Steel Guitar – Maggie Björklund*Piano – Brooke WaggonerVocals, Acoustic Guitar – Jack White
|B6||Want And Able
Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Piano – Jack White
- Copyright (c) – Third Face, LLC
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Third Man Records, LLC
- Manufactured By – United Record Pressing
- Published By – Third String Tunes
- Recorded At – Third Man Studio
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Artwork [Hologram Track] – Tristan Duke
- Design, Layout – Jack White , Nathanio Strimpopulos
- Edited By [Additional] – Lars Fox
- Management – Ian Montone
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Jack White , Joshua V. Smith
- Photography By – Mary Ellen Matthews
- Photography By [Additional] – Lewis Hine
- Producer – Jack White III*
- Recorded By – Joshua V. Smith (tracks: A1 to A5, B2 to B6), Vance Powell (tracks: A1, A4, BA1, BB1, B3, B5)
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Joshua V. Smith (tracks: A1, A4, BA1, BB1, B3, B5), Mindy Watts (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, B2, B4)
- Written-By – Blind Willie McTell (tracks: A1), Jack White III*
NotesThe record was pressed in the U.S. and distributed worldwide. So some copies might have different hype stickers on shrink wrap (from the country of distribution).
"Ultra LP" release featuring several special features:
· Tracks A6 and B7 are locked grooves featuring elements from their respective previous tracks. "High Ball Stepper" doesn't end with a faded-out distortion as in the digital versions, it is locked instead.
· Tracks A7 and B8 are hidden tracks pressed on their sides' labels, and play at 78 RPM and 45 RPM respectively, thus making the LP a three speed record.
· Side A's groove is inverted and plays from the inside out.
· "Just One Drink" consists of two different intros, each in its own groove, with both connecting at the body of the song. BA1 is acoustic, BB1 is electric.
· Side B has a matte finish, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record.
· Vinyl is pressed in flat-edged format.
· Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record.
· Tracks B3 and B4 are swapped in comparison to the digital editions, and B2 features a slightly longer intro.
· The vinyl was mastered entirely from analog sources with no additional compression used.
Tracks A1 to A5 and BA1/BB1 to B6 are listed continuously from 1 to 11 and play at 33 ⅓ RPM.
Track A7 is an uncredited reworking of 'Pusherman', originally by Curtis Mayfield.
Durations unlisted, approximates obtained by digitizing the vinyl audio.
Jacket features Soft Touch aqueous coating. Record comes in die-cut black paper poly sleeve. Also included are an insert with lyrics and credits, and a digital download card for the album in MP3 format, which also shows info about the hologram.
Some copies have the same label on both sides of record.
Published by Third String Tunes (BMI)
Recorded at Third Man Studio in Nashville, TN 2012-2014
Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering Studios in Portland, ME
Additional Photography: Lewis Hine, Courtesy of the National Archives and Records Administration (photo no. 102-LH-1919)
Jack White is exclusively managed by Ian Montone at Monotone, Inc.
Lazaretto is dedicated to: Florence Green, Voltairine de Cleyre, and Amazing Grace Hopper
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker on shrink wrap): 8 88430 63981 2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1: Runout side B, etched): TMR • 271 - B KITCHEN SINK XI
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2: Runout side B, etched): TMR • 271 - B KITCHEN SINK
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3: Runout side B, etched): TMR • 271 - B ΘT KITCHEN SINK XI
- Rights Society: BMI
|TMR-271||Jack White||Lazaretto (LP, Album, Etch, Ltd, Blu)||Third Man Records||TMR-271||US||2014|
|88843 06398 2||Jack White||Lazaretto (CD, Album, Dig)||Third Man Records, Columbia||88843 06398 2||Colombia||2014|
|88843063982||Jack White||Lazaretto (CD, Album)||Third Man Records, Sony Music||88843063982||Australia||2014|
|88843063982||Jack White||Lazaretto (CD, Album, Dig)||Third Man Records, Sony Music||88843063982||Australia||2014|
|TMR-271||Jack White||Lazaretto (LP, Album, TP, Whi)||Third Man Records||TMR-271||US||2014|