Joe Satriani - What Happens Next download album
What Happens Next is the sixteenth studio album by guitarist Joe Satriani, released on January 12, 2018 through Sony Music. Satriani consciously went in a more simplistic direction than on his previous album, Shockwave Supernova - as opposed to an alien alter ego, this time he wrote songs about a human being, two feet on the ground, heart pumping, with emotions, dreams, and hopes. That seemed to be the direction I really was yearning for"
Joe Satriani - What Happens Next (2018).
Joe Satriani - Guitars Chad Smith - Drums Glenn Hughes - Bass. All songs written and aranged by Joe Satriani Published by Strange Beautiful Music/ASCAP/Kobalt (c) & (p) 2017 Legacy Recordings.
The new, instrumentally electrifying album features a power trio of legendary status; Joe Satriani on guitar and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee bassist Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Country Communion) and drummer Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chickenfoot), the latter reuniting with SATRIANI for the first time since their work in the supergroup Chickenfoot. Joe is once again joined by xer Mike Fraser, his frequent collaborator over the last 20 years, on What Happens Next.
What Happens Next is more than just an album title - and title track, premiering exclusively below - for Joe Satriani. It's a creative mission statement. Every time, when I do an album and then I go on tour with it, I know that when you're rolling towards the last six months of it everyone's going to ask you 'what happens next?' - those three words, with a question mark at the end," Satriani tells Billboard. It became sort of an in-joke, so many people were asking me that question. And it's tough, 'cause you have to plan.
Undoubtably, Joe Satriani is one of the greatest living guitarists, having proven his track record over nearly 40 years. What Happens Next features Satriani and an excellent pair of musicians to back him up - Glenn Hughes of Deep Purple and Black Sabbath on bass and Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith on drums.
Joe Satriani has completed his 16th solo album, titled What Happens Next, and is now prepping for another string of shows on the G3 Tour. What Happens Next, which is due on Jan. 12, finds guitarist Satriani recording with bassist Glenn Hughes (from Deep Purple and the recently reunited Black Country Communion), and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, who also plays with Satriani in Chickenfoot. The latest G3 dates will feature Dream Theater's John Petrucci and Def Leppard's Phil Collen. You can find the album's track listing, as well as G3 tour dates, below
More by Joe Satriani. Unstoppable Momentum. Satchurated: Live In Montreal. Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards. Live in Paris: I Just Wanna Rock. Listen to What Happens Next now. Listen to What Happens Next in full in the this site app. Play on this site. 2018 Sony Music Entertainment.
|3||Thunder High On The Mountain|
|9||What Happens Next|
|10||Super Funky Badass|
|12||Forever and Ever|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – The Foot Locker
- Recorded At – Studio 21
- Mixed At – The Warehouse Studio
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Designed At – Meat And Potatoes, Inc.
- Published By – Strange Beautiful Music
- Manufactured By – Optimal Media GmbH – AH04087
- Distributed By – Sony Music Entertainment
- Art Direction – Todd Gallopo
- Bass – Glenn Hughes
- Design – TJ River*, Todd Gallopo
- Drums – Chad Smith
- Guitar, Keyboards – Joe Satriani
- Management – Mick Brigden, Morty Wiggins
- Mastered By – Adam Ayan
- Mixed By [Assisted At The Warehouse By] – Zach Blackstone
- Photography By – Joseph Cultice
- Producer – Mike Fraser
- Recorded By [Additional Recording By] – Joe*
- Recorded By [Assisted At Foot Locker By] – Jaimeson Durr
- Recorded By [Assisted At Sunset Sound By] – Geoff Neal
- Recorded By, Engineer, Mixed By – Mike Fraser
- Sound Designer, Edited By [Digital Editing By] – Eric Caudieux
- Technician [Drum Tech] – Christos Hansen
- Technician [Runner] – Hayden Watson
- Written-By, Arranged By – Joe Satriani
Notes6-page art booklet included.
Packaged in a jewel case with a transparent tray.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed Text): 1 90758 02312 0
- Barcode (Compact Text): 190758023120
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L575
- Matrix / Runout: manufactured by optimal media GmbH AH04087-01
- Label Code: LC02361
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
- Mould SID Code: none
|88985450972||Joe Satriani||What Happens Next (CD, Album)||Legacy||88985450972||US||2018|
|none||Joe Satriani||What Happens Next (CD, Album, Num, Promo)||Legacy, Sony Music||none||UK||2017|
|19075802312||Joe Satriani||What Happens Next (CD, Album)||Legacy, Sony Music||19075802312||Australia||2018|
|88985460191||Joe Satriani||What Happens Next (2xLP, Album)||Legacy||88985460191||Europe||2018|
|88985450972, 19075802312||Joe Satriani||What Happens Next (CD, Album, Dig)||Legacy, Legacy||88985450972, 19075802312||Europe||2018|