Claudia Burghard, Joachim Rust, Junges Vokalensemble Hannover, Klaus-Jürgen Etzold, Bigband Fette Hupe, Jörn Marcussen-Wulff - Duke Ellington Sacred Concerts download album
- Album: Duke Ellington Sacred Concerts
- FLAC: 1346 mb | MP3: 1390 mb
- Released: 2016
- Style: Big Band, Swing
- Rating: 4.1/5
- Votes: 108
- Format: AIFF AUD DTS AC3 AAC VOX MP2
Claudia Burghard, Joachim Rust, Junges Vokalensemble Hannover, Klaus-Jürgen Etzold, Bigband Fette Hupe, Jörn Marcussen-Wulff - Duke Ellington Sacred Concerts (CD, Album).
Duke Ellington The Best of the Sacred Concerts - Croatian Radio Television Jazz Orchester and Choir 21/12/2012 Vatroslav Lisinski concert hall, Zagreb.
Duke Ellington conceived his Sacred Concerts between 1962 and 1973 and they resemble a wonderful musical autobiography of the composer. Only very few jazz musicians were able to fill their music with such strong emotions as Ellington could. Above all, Ellington's unshakeable confidence in God makes the Sacred Concerts a very personal creed. With this very rarely recorded cycle, Fette Hupe and the Junges Vokalensemble Hannover close an important gap in the repertoire. Claudia Burghard, mezzo-soprano Joachim Rust, baritone Felix Petra, tap dance Junges Vokalensemble Hannover Bigband Fette Hupe Klaus-Jürgen Etzold, direction Timo Warnecke, direction Jörn Marcussen-Wulff, direction.
Duke Ellington: Sacred Concerts. Claudia Burghard (mezzo-soprano), Joachim Rust (baritone), Felix Petry (tap dancer) & Gary Winters (spoken word). Junges Vokalensemble Hannover & Big Band Fette Hupe, Jorn Marcussen-Wulff & Klaus-Jurgen Etzold. Gramophone Magazine, September 2016 Mor. elease Date: 27th May 2016. Junges Vokalensemble Hannover, Fette Hupe. Claudia Burghard (mezzo-soprano), Joachim Rust (baritone). Recorded: 12 and 19 September 2015. Recording Venue: Live Recording, Kulturforum - Gut Wienebüttel Lüneburg, Germany.
Conductor: Klaus-Jürgen Etzold, Jorn Marcussen-Wulff Number of Discs: 1 Recorded in: Stereo Length: 1 Hours 11 Mins. In Stock: Usually ships in 24 hours. The Fette Hupe big band joins forces with the Junges Vokalensemble Hannover for this recording, which has rarely been done before. This release also includes extensive booklet notes in German and English. In the words of the great Duke Ellington, his Sacred Concerts for choir, soloists and big band were, The most important thing I’ve ever done. Ellington’s Sacred Concerts were written between 1962 and 1973. They display the composer in a beautiful way, drawing experiences from his entire life and career
Claudia Burghard, Joachim Rust, Junges Vokalensemble Hannover, Klaus-Jurgen Etzold, Bigband Fette Hupe, Jorn Marcussen-Wulff Duke Ellington Sacred Concerts Rondeau 2016. Toward his twilight, Duke Ellington composed and performed three sacred concerts in 1965 -A Concert of Sacred Music; 1968 -Second Sacred Concert, 1973 -Third Sacred Concert. These were personal statements by Ellington, bearing his indelible stamp of grace and charity. There have been precious few, if any at all, performance of these pieces by other bands. Solo vocalists, Claudia Burghard and Joachim Rust bring a renewed energy to the pieces, updating them admirably to the 21st Century. This recording includes selections from the first two Sacred Concerts, including Ellington's touchtone "Come Sunday.
Jörn Marcussen-Wulff is both the big band conductor and artistic director of this project. The Junges Vokalensemble Hannover choir, directed by Klaus-Jürgen Etzold, turns in an earnest performance but isn’t as effective as a tribute or much of an improvement. Most of the parts where they come in come off dry, old-fashioned, and stuck in the stereotype of boring church music ( Will You Be There ). On Ain’t But The One, the choir’s downright ancient despite the zip of vocal leading man soloist Daniel Zeinoun. He sings as attractively as he looks. Another featured solo vocalist, Claudia Burghard, opens Come Sunday, but the song itself drags on, a sad reflection of Ellington’s songwriting drawbacks. A tighter arrangement, a better grasp of personality-infused, natural rhythmic soul, something to give this funeral procession life would help immensely.
Claudia Burghard & Joachim Rust]. Junges Vokalensemble Hannover & Fette Hupe 2016. Something 'Bout Believing (Live). David Danced Before the Lord with All His Might (Live). See All. Sacred Concerts. Whitacre: Hope, Faith, Life, Love.
Junges Vokalensemble Hannover, Klaus-Jurgen Etzold & Gary WintersWill You Be There. Fette Hupe, Jörn Marcussen-Wulff, Claudia Burghard & Gary WintersThe Lord's Prayer. Junges Vokalensemble Hannover, Klaus-Jurgen Etzold & Gary WintersFather Forgive. Fette Hupe, Jörn Marcussen-Wulff & Gary WintersThe Shepherd.
|1||In The Beginning God||16:22|
|2||Will You Be There||2:13|
|3||Ain't But The One||3:08|
|6||Something 'Bout Believing||8:52|
|7||The Lord's Prayer||2:43|
- Record Company – Rondeau Production GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rondeau Production
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rondeau Production GmbH
- Copyright (c) – Rondeau Production
- Copyright (c) – Rondeau Production GmbH
- Made By – Arvato – 56311850
- Recorded At – Kulturforum - Gut Wienebüttel Luneburg
- Alto Vocals – Alessandra Ferraris, Anke Timmlau, Anne Klix-Bitterhof, Astrid Wystup, Birgit Muranaka, Carla Burghard, Christiane Mai, Jasmin Wander, Svenja Lessing, Ulrike Pestel-Schiller
- Alto Vocals, Photography By – Eva Lang
- Art Direction [Artistic Director], Liner Notes, Directed By, Conductor – Jörn Marcussen-Wulff
- Band [Bigband] – Fette Hupe
- Baritone Vocals – Joachim Rust
- Bass Vocals – Alexander Schories, Andreas Hausfeld, Burkhard Bertram, Dirk Lewandowski, Florian Arnold , Frank Schubert , Jörg Swoboda , Jürgen Kampe, Konrad Büchsel, Saddo Heibat, Thies Filler, Ulrich Timmlau
- Choir – Junges Vokalensemble Hannover
- Coordinator [Project Coordinator] – Rupert Langer
- Design – Schrank MedienDesign
- Directed By – Klaus-Jürgen Etzold
- Directed By, Rhythm Section – Timo Warnecke
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Claudia Burghard
- Photography By – Christian Gohdes, Iris Klöpper, Jannes Kuhlmann, Katja Haupt, Louis Panassié, Markus Horn , Martin Rohrmann, Sandra Kappelmann, Simon Schwinge
- Producer – Frank Hallmann
- Recording Supervisor [Recording Assistent] – Yannick Spohr
- Recording Supervisor [Recording Assistent], Edited By – Berthold Von Der Ohe
- Recording Supervisor, Edited By, Mixed By, Mastered By – Dominik Streicher
- Rhythm Section – Eike Wulfmeier, Klaus Spencker, Peter Schwebs
- Saxophone – Coco Guerra, Lars Stoermer, Nils Brederlow, Paul Engelmann
- Soprano Vocals – Almut Maldfeld, Astrid Bernicke, Britta Riedmiller, Christine Etzold, Ermonne Haas, Franziska Kirchhoff, Friederike Füser, Helga Krause, Katharina Sahlfeld, Mareile Brunke, Maren Weisbrod, Maria Meynecke, Theresa Lollies, Victoria Wirtz
- Speech [Spoken Word], Trumpet – Gary Winters
- Tap Dance, Saxophone – Felix Petry
- Tenor Vocals – Carl-Marcus Weitz, Christoph Von Heymann, Damian Witte, Dirk Steinig, Hartwig Meynecke, Jörg Zabel, Klaus-Thilo Von Blumröder, Luca Strickrodt, Patrick Völker, Reent Stade, Ulrich Kühl
- Translated By [Translation To English] – Philipp Heim
- Trombone – Hans Wendt, Robert Hedemann, Uwe Granitza
- Trumpet – Axel Beineke, Benny Brown, Daniel Zeinoun
℗, © 2016 Rondeau Production. Made in Germany.
℗, © 2016 Rondeau Production GmbH
Live at the Kulturforum - Gut Wienebüttel Luneburg, 12 and 19 September 2015
Recorded during the Niedersächsische Musiktage 2015
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 4 037408 061124
- Barcode (String): 4037408061124
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L847
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0710
- Matrix / Runout: arvato 56311850/ROP6112 21
- Label Code: LC 06690
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Rights Society: GEMA