The Cantilena Chamber Players - Siegmeister / Amram / Kupferman / Feldman / Orgad / Partos / Kopytman / Hajdu - Songs Of Experience / Portraits / Abracadabra / Four Instruments / Shaar Shaar / Piano Quartet / About An Old Tune / Five Sketches In A Sentime download album
- Album: Songs Of Experience / Portraits / Abracadabra / Four Instruments / Shaar Shaar / Piano Quartet / About An Old Tune / Five Sketches In A Sentimental Mood
- FLAC: 1875 mb | MP3: 1930 mb
- Released: 1979
- Style: Contemporary
- Rating: 4.6/5
- Votes: 652
- Format: AIFF AAC RA AA AU DTS TTA
The opening pages of Feldman's late piano quintet, which lasts about 75 minutes total. Ives Ensemble performs. Art by Philip Guston.
ТЭНы и водонагреватели Hajdu. Бесплатная доставка при заказе от 10 000 руб. Звоните!
Piano – Frank Glazer. Producer – Richard Gilbert (3) (tracks: B1 to D1). Recording Supervisor – Joanna Nickrenz (tracks: A1, A2, D2), Marc Aubort (tracks: A1, A2, D2). Viola – Harry Zaratzian. Violin – Edna Michell. Composers Amram, Kupferman and Kopytman were present at their recording sessions.
dön Pártos (October 1, 1907 in Budapest – July 6, 1977 in Tel Aviv), was a Hungarian-Israeli violist and composer. A recipient of the Israel Prize, he taught and served as director of the Rubin Academy of Music in Tel Aviv. Variations: Viewing All Oedoen Partos. dön Pártos, Partos, Patos.
Elie Siegmeister (also published under pseudonym L. E. Swift; January 15, 1909 in New York City – March 10, 1991 in Manhasset, New York) was an American composer, educator and author. Siegmeister earned a . cum laude at the age of 18 from Columbia University, where he had studied music theory with Seth Bingham. He studied conducting with Albert Stoessel at the Juilliard School and counterpoint with Wallingford Riegger.
The Cantilena Chamber Players/Cantilena Piano Quartet was an ensemble founded and led by Edna Michell that included pianist Frank Glazer, violist Harry Zaratzian, (later Jessie Levine and Phillip Naegele), cellist Paul Olefsky (later Stephen Kates, Marcy Rosen, Hakuro Mori, and Steven Thomas), and mezzo-soprano Elaine Bonazzi
Flames of Abracadabra~Metamorphosis. Flames of Abracadabra~Dream Spirit. Flames of Abracadabra~Cosmic Eye. Meyer Kupferman.
Don't be daunted by his five-hour-long string quartet – Feldman offers a truly intimate encounter with the substance of sound. Something strange starts to happen when you listen to American composer Morton Feldman's long, long – and I mean long – late chamber pieces. I'm talking about the 80-minute Piano and String Quartet, the four and a half hours of For Philip Guston (which you can hear live at the Huddersfield Contemporary Music festival on 21 November 2012) or the biggest of them all, the five-hour Second String Quartet
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||–Siegmeister*||Songs Of Experience
Composed By – Siegmeister*Words By [Poems By] – William Blake
Composed By – Partos*
Composed By – Orgad*Words By [Poems By] – Abba Kovner
Composed By – Feldman*
Composed By – Kupferman*
|C2||–Hajdu*||Five Sketches In A Sentimental Mood
Composed By – Hajdu*
|D1||–Kopytman*||About An Old Tune
Composed By – Kopytman*
Composed By – Amram*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Grenadilla Enterprises, Inc.
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Ronnie Tendler
- Cello [The Cantilena Chamber Players] – Stephen Kates
- Engineer – Simon Andrews (tracks: B1)
- Engineer [Recording & Mix Engineer] – Greg Deutsch (tracks: B1 to D1)
- Ensemble – The Cantilena Chamber Players*
- Executive-Producer – Richard Gilbert
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals [The Cantilena Chamber Players] – Elaine Bonazzi (tracks: A1, B1)
- Photography By [Cantilena Photo] – Gideon Lewin
- Piano [The Cantilena Chamber Players] – Frank Glazer
- Producer – Richard Gilbert (tracks: B1 to D1)
- Recording Supervisor – Joanna Nickrenz (tracks: A1, A2, D2), Marc Aubort* (tracks: A1, A2, D2)
- Viola [The Cantilena Chamber Players] – Harry Zaratzian
- Violin [The Cantilena Chamber Players] – Edna Michell
NotesA paper note in the gatefold suggests to achieve the desired effect for Morton Feldman's composition by lowering the playback volume.
Composers Amram, Kupferman and Kopytman were present at their recording sessions.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Other (Library of Congress No.): 77-751178