Alan Jefferson - Galactic Nightmare download album
- Album: Galactic Nightmare
- FLAC: 1195 mb | MP3: 1814 mb
- Released: 2015
- Style: Space Rock, Synth-pop
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Votes: 397
- Format: DTS AUD AAC MIDI VOX RA AIFF
Six years in the making (1979 - 1985). A unique 90 minute space epic adventure made in a bedroom in Hull on limited and slightly dodgy equipiment.
Provided to YouTube by The state51 Conspiracy Galactic Nightmare, Pt. 3 · Alan Jefferson Galactic Nightmare ℗ 2014 Trunk Records Released on: 2015-06-22.
1. Galactic Nightmare, Pt. 1. 21:340:30. Listen to Galactic Nightmare in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
ALAN JEFFERSON Galactic Nightmare Trunk. Starting in 1979, this British guy spent six years creating an 88-minute synthbased concept album in his bedroom. It's a space opera inspired by The War of the Worlds and contains lyrics like, "I'll live forever as a time god!" He self-released it on cassettes and advertised in the back of science magazines throughout the 80s, and it just received a fancy reissue. I haven't even finished listening to this yet, but it's already better than 99 percent of the music released in 2015
Galactic Nightmare - a homemade 86-minute epic space adventure, conceived, written, played, sung, and illustrated by Alan Jefferson in his bedroom in Hull between 1979 and 1985.
Volunteers is the fifth studio album by American psychedelic rock band Jefferson Airplane, released in 1969 as RCA Victor LSP-4238, also released in Quadrophonic in 1973 as RCA Quadradisc APD1-0320, using the discrete CD-4 system from JVC. The album was controversial because of revolutionary and anti-war lyrics along with the use of profanity. The original album title was Volunteers of Amerika. It was shortened after objections from Volunteers of America.
4 tracks · 21 June 2015.
Alan Jefferson: Galactic Nightmare (Trunk) When we moved to London, a friend came across this tape. Jefferson had obviously heard The War Of The Worlds and wanted to make his own epic space adventure. He's got a Hull accent so it's both hilariously bad and sort of impressive. Terry Hall: Home (East West) My favourite album of the 1990s. It had a special significance for me and my girlfriend at the time. They are beautiful love songs written in an intelligent way.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Breaking The Code|
|A3||Flight Of The Starliner|
|A5||Night Of Fear|
|A7||Old And Grey|
|B1||Old And Grey (Cont)|
|B2||Old And Grey (Reprise)|
|B3||Gathering Of Supplies|
|B4||Trek To Bolos|
|B5||Giant Metal Monsters
Lead Vocals – John Stoker
|B6||Reeboss Subground Station|
Lead Vocals – John Stoker
|C7||Preparations For War|
|C8||Mission Through The Fog|
|D2||War Is For Heroes|
|D4||Tankcraft Control Room|
|D5||Lost In The Fog|
|D7||Cell Plant Attack|
|D11||Beginning Of The End|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Trunk Records Limited
- Copyright (c) – Trunk Records Limited
- Manufactured By – Optimal Media GmbH – BF90392
- Lacquer Cut At – Optimal Media GmbH – BF90392
- Backing Vocals – John Stoker
- Lacquer Cut By – JP
- Liner Notes – Alan Jefferson , Dave Green , Jonny Trunk, Stewart Lee
- Mastered By – Jon Brooks
- Narrator, Vocals, Design, Artwork, Illustration, Engineer – Alan Jefferson
- Product Manager [LP Artwork] – Paul Flack
- Product Manager [Prepared for LP Release] – Jon Brooks, Jonny Trunk
- Synthesizer [Mini Moog], Electric Organ [Hammond C3 Organ With Yamaha Rotating Speaker/Amplifier], Electric Guitar [Grant Strat Copy], Cymbal [Paste / Zilgian Symbols] – Alan Jefferson
- Written-By, Producer – Alan Jefferson
Notes"Six years in the making (1979 - 1985). A unique 90 minute space epic adventure made in a bedroom in Hull on limited and slightly dodgy equipiment. A true labour of love and a only previously available on C90 Cassette (with Dolby) via Sci-Fi and computer magazines in the mid 1980s. Totally unforgettable, joyous and full of extraordinary detail and ideas. 2 LP set, matt varnish, full colour artwork, printed inner sleeves with complete storyfile, lyrics etc. Limited..."
Limited to 500 copies.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 666017291819
- Matrix / Runout: BF90392-01 A1 JP
- Matrix / Runout: BF90392-01 B1 JP
- Matrix / Runout: BF90392-02 C1 JP
- Matrix / Runout: BF90392-02 D1 JP